3/25/13

Strawberry Shortcake Muffins

Spring is officially here, but at my house there's still snow on the ground. I wanted a warm cozy treat that would somehow seem more spring like, so I decided to try out a recipe I found for strawberry shortcake muffins. They turned out really well and made a perfect addition to a warm cup of herbal tea.
Strawberry Shortcake Muffins (original recipe here):

2 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats (I used gluten free of course!)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups strawberries diced and patted dry (I used frozen and they turned out great)
Optional: 1/2 cup diced strawberries to place on top of muffins
Optional: 1 tsp lemon juice

Place all ingredients into a food processor (except strawberries!) and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl and gently blend in strawberries. Divide mixture into muffin tins, top with optional diced berries if desired (It looks really cute this way!).

Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Learn how to make these pretty tissue paper spring blossoms HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Please remember to keep your comments uplifting and family friendly. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Blogging tips