11/26/12

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Muffins

These pumpkin spice oatmeal muffins are perfect for an autumn breakfast, but why limit yourself? They are so easy to make and so delicious you might find yourself tempted to enjoy them any time of year and any time of day! If you love muffins and pumpkin as much as I do, then you'll eat them whenever you want!
I enjoyed these hot out of the oven (with a little warm butter) for lunch one day. It was the perfect treat to munch while wrapped in a cozy blanket watching the birds outside at my bird feeder. I love watching the birds! That's one of the things I love about this time of year!
Perhaps watching the birds was what inspired me to put sunflower seeds on top of my muffins... Whatever the reason, I found they went perfectly with the pumpkin flavor. Next time I might even mix a few into the batter!

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Muffins:
2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin (or winter squash) puree
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
Optional: sunflower seeds and extra oats for top garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, place all ingredients into a food processor (except optional garnish) and blend until smooth. Divide batter into muffin tins. Sprinkle with extra oats and sunflower seeds if desired. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
  
 
These are delicious warm, right out of the oven! Try them with a little jam, honey, or some warm butter. Click HERE for a recipe to make delicious wild orange honey butter. Yum! These muffins also make excellent left overs for a quick snack or to pack in a lunch. Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Featuring your muffins this week...love those muffin tins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tessa! I'm so excited to be featured by you! I think part of why I love muffins so much might be because of those tins! I love them too and I use them every chance I get. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so tasty. I've featured it at this week's party. Stop by & grab a Featured On button. Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feature at Sew Can Do! :) I'm so glad you liked the recipe!

      Delete
  4. These look great, and I love your muffin tins! I'm featuring this tonight on WNWNW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! What a pleasure to be featured at Waste Not Want Not! See you again soon!

      Delete
  5. These look really good! I love oat flour. Thank you for sharing this at the HomeAcre Hop. We'd love to have you back again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love oat flour too! See you soon at the HomeAcre Hop!

      Delete
  6. These are breakfast for tomorrow :) We will think of you as we stuff our faces with yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Please remember to keep your comments uplifting and family friendly. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Blogging tips