3/1/13

Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies

Happy National Peanut Butter Day! I didn't know this day of celebration existed until this morning, but I'm all for celebrating and I love peanut butter! In honor of all peanut butter lovers, here is one of my favorite peanut butter cookie recipes: Enjoy!
Best Ever Peanut Butter Cookies: (original recipe here)


1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F.  for 10-12 minutes until they are lightly golden around the edges. Allow the cookies to rest on the counter for 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. ...And if you're like me you'll risk the burns and immediately eat one or two!
My necklace is a hand-blown glass heart by artist, Robert Fox. I got it at a cute shop in Oregon called Incahoots.
This recipe is super easy. It contains only 4 simple ingredients (5 if you add chocolate) and is very quick to make. The cookies turn out melt-in-you-mouth delicious with an excellent flaky texture. Every time I make these they are gobbled up. My husband loves the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, so this time I added chocolate chips to some and dipped others in melted dark chocolate. I'm one of those odd people who doesn't like my chocolate and peanut butter to mix, so I made plenty cookies sans chocolate too.
P.s. If you've never played with a cookie press, you're missing out! They are a fun little gadget!  Mine makes me feel like a master baker even though I'm far from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Please remember to keep your comments uplifting and family friendly. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Blogging tips