10/9/13

Wild Orange Rice Krispie Treats


I've been wanting to share this fantastic idea for quite a while and now is finally the time. If you love rice krispie treats, you should definitely give this a try! I don't think I can ever eat the regular ones again. It's so easy! All you do is make a batch of rice krispie treats using your favorite brand of puffed rice cereal (the kind I use is gluten free, or course).
3 TB butter
1 10 OZ package of regular sized marshmallows (or 4 cups miniatures)
6 cups of puffed rice cereal
6 drops doTERRA wild Orange essential oil


In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat, stir in 6 drops doTERRA wild orange essential oil. Add the cereal and stir until well coated. press mixture into a greased 13x9x2 pan and let cool. Once it has cooled and set up, cut into squares and serve. They are so good! These are a big hit whenever we bring them to share with people.
There are many reasons to love wild orange oil, besides it delicious flavor and heavenly scent. Wild orange is a less commonly known essential oil with many great properties. It is a great oil for those suffering with depression or anxiety as it helps to elevate the mood, and promote a sense of well-being. Use it aromatically to decrease stress, calm nerves and naturally energize. Check out this great study by the Vanderbilt University Medical Center that included wild orange oil. I always feel pretty happy when I'm eating these delicious rice krispie treats (They are really that good!), but to effectively enjoy the aromatic benefits, smell the oil or diffuse the oil into the air.

October is depression awareness month and there are people I love who have suffered and currently suffer with this medical condition. Of course all of us have times of depression and sadness, but there are many around us who deal with some form of depression on a regular basis. Due in large part to the stigma associated with it, many of those who suffer, do so in silence and never seek treatment. Wild orange oil is a useful tool for those feeling depressed, however if you think you may be experiencing a serious condition, please seek further help. If you know someone who is going through this, please reach out to them, be patient with them, and give them your love and friendship. Let them know you are thinking of them.

Wild orange essential oil has other great properties as well, but I'll have to talk about them later. I think I'm going to make some of these wild orange rice krispie treats and take them to a friend. Have a wonderful day!

Shared at these great blogs:
Lovely Ladies Linky

6 comments:

  1. I love orange... wild orange fragrance really refreshing my mind.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought of adding the fragrance! What a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the great things that I love about doTERRA essential oils... they are a 100% pure form of the natural plant oils, so they can be used for more than just the fragrance. It's awesome! Thanks for stopping by; I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to look for this - sounds awesome and delicious! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy! So glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Please remember to keep your comments uplifting and family friendly. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Blogging tips